My name is Harish. I am a lifelong learner and I enjoy learning. I also enjoy meditating on what I have learned.
This blog is a means for me to write down my thoughts. I have a wide variety of interests and sometimes this is also reflected on what I write. I try to bring a unique and different perspective with each post. I generally end my posts with a short story related to the topic. I am a firm believer that humans are story tellers and we learn better through stories.
I have over 8 years experience as a Process and Quality Engineer in the medical devices field. I am a graduate of the University of Missouri- Rolla (USA) where I obtained a Master’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering and published two articles. I am also an ASQ member with multiple ASQ certifications including Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Black Belt and Reliability Engineer. I can be reached at email@example.com. My LinkedIn profile is available at https://www.linkedin.com/in/harishjose.
I do not believe in belonging to one sect of thinking – lean, six sigma, TOC, etc. I believe that all schools of thoughts have something to offer, and one should learn from all.
Why am I writing this blog? I have noted some of the reasons below;
- Sheer egoism – George Orwell noted this as one of the reasons why he wrote.
- To express my thoughts and thus, allowing me to meditate on the concept even further.
- To help people. I will be extremely happy if my posts made you think and you were able to learn from it.
- To make a difference (somewhat related to Reason #1)
- To write a book. Someday I hope to garner enough courage to write a book. This blog allows me to test the water, establish myself and sharpen my skills.
My posts are strictly my views and opinions, and do not reflect that of my employer’s. I will not be writing about my current profession.
I would very much welcome your feedback and comments.